9/02/2011

24th Edition of EFL/ESL/ELL Blog Carnival

Check out the ESL/EFL/ELL 24rd Blog Carnival.  It is hosted by Eva Buyuksimkesyan.  The topic is Warmers, Fillers, and 1st Week Activities.  I have just began to browse the numerous links and ideas in her post which contain contributions from around the world.  Perhaps this will be a good place to go to gather a few fresh ideas.
Some of the sites that I use on occasion for warmers and fillers are found in our Students tab (More Vocabulary/Games/Dictionaries and Can You Describe These Pictures? sections). I also use selected sites on our Ed Sites tab as a whole class activity or refer students to sites as appropriate for the content, level, and age I am teaching.  In addition, I have fun using some of these Icebreakers, Warmups, Energizers and Deinhibitizers hereI use the Prezi/Jing video I created, which can be found in this post, to introduce myself.  In my online classes, I encourage my students to introduce themselves on a Voicethread that I begin for the class.
Although we didn't participate in this carnival, we were happy to be a part of the 22nd Blog Carnival. You can see all the previous editions of the ESL/EFL/ELL Blog Carnival here.  You can see my previous posts about the Blog Carnivals here.  The following edition will be hosted by Berni Wall in November.
Happy exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment