4/25/2011

The Powers of Jing and Teacher Challenge

I received the extra push to do a post about one of my favorite screen sharing tools, Jing, when I was invited to make a guest post on the Teacher Challenge blog.  My post about Jing is #18 of the Free Tools Challenge series.  Click here to read the post, get an overview of Jing, and discover the steps to get started. 

Here are three examples of ways I use it:
Self Introduction Using Jing and Prezi


Elementary Storytelling Using Jing and Kerpoof

Feedback to Student Papers


Take the challenge on the post and answer the questions to let me know how you use Jing.

As you are checking out The Powers of Jing post, be sure to also look over the other posts on the Teacher Challenge blog.  A few of my favorites include: Using Dropbox and DropItTo.Me, Organize and Share with Livebinders, and Word Clouds with Wordle.  There is a wealth of information on this blog!  Some of their past and future challenges include the following: Kick Start Your Blogging, Student Blogging, Free Tools Challenge, 30 Days to a whole new PLN, 30 Days to ensuring privacy and student safety, and 30 Days to increased parent involvement.

If you are interested in seeing other ways that we implement web 2.0 tools and educational sites in the classroom, follow this link to view some of our tech in the classroom related posts.  Some of my favorites are Vocabulary Class Takes to 21st Century Learning Tools, Mix It Up With Animoto and Engaging Students with StoryOnline.   We also have links to web 2.0 tools we use and challenge ourselves to explore in our Web 2.0 Tools tab and educational sites in our Ed Sites tab. We continually add to these tabs as we learn and discover.

Thanks for visiting and happy exploring!

1 comment:

  1. The tool is amazing! I am not very good with things that are related to technology because they seem complicated for me. However, the tutorials make it very user-friendly. I especially like the storytelling version for elementary aged students. It is very engaging, and I am sure it will capture the audience's attention. I also think that it will give ELL students another useful tool to acquire the English language. It has given me ideas how I can utilize it in my classroom in the future. Thank you for sharing this information with us.

    Fenn

    ReplyDelete